Recipes

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baking Day

Today...baking. I have black walnut, chocolate chip cookies in the oven, italian bread rising and foccocia bread cooling. I still want to make wheat bread and pumpkin cookies before I call it a baking day success. I also put up a couple of more quarts of italian style stewed tomatoes. I could have done without that one today, but the tomatoes thought otherwise. The family sure is eating better these days!

The boys were working on the chicken laying boxes today. We may have found out why they keep laying all over the barn. It seems they don't like to lay in the same boxes they are sleeping in and they like to lay in a quiet spot. So the boys built some covers for several of the boxes. Hopefully that will increase our production numbers-at least the number we find! They have an order for 15 dozen eggs this weekend, so the girls better start laying where they are supposed to lay!

No comments:

Post a Comment