Recipes

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Today, Canning and Freezing

Seems like the story of my life right now, but it is starting to add up. The picklers are finally done producing and, besides the jars we ate and gave away, we have 35 quarts of pickles to get us through the winter. We have more jam and jelly than we will ever use. I guess that is why I have some for sale. Today, I will can more Italian style tomatoes since that is what we seem to use the most and shred up the rest of the zucchini for freezer storage. I should be able to make zucchini breads all through the winter for us and whoever orders some. Then it will be apple time. I still have about 2 1/2 bushels to process. We should have a lot of applesauce and tons of apple jelly for the winter. I will make some more into apple butter too so the house should smell awesome when we wake up in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment