Recipes

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tomatoes Coming Out of My Ears

Small yellow pear tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, red and yellow roma tomatoes and just plain tomatoes....what to do. Today, I have the yellow pear tomatoes and cherry tomatoes in the slow cooker to cook down into tomato paste. The roma tomatoes have been sliced and are in the dehydrators turning into yummy sun dried tomatoes. I will have to make some pesto later! I haven't made it yet, but it sure sounds yummy to compliment the foccicia bread. Then I blanched the regular tomatoes and have them ready to be made into salsa! I will freeze the salsa again so it is fresh salsa that I can pull out in January. Yummy, I can almost taste it now. Oh wait, I just did taste it with chips for lunch!

I also have some black walnuts in the oven drying at 150 degrees with the door open for the next several hours. If anyone knows some way to get those suckers out of their shells without all the work, I would appreciate the advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment